This post contains affiliate links. I may make a small commission on items purchased using these links at no additional cost to you.
Yard Sale. Two of my used- to – be favorite words. Lately, though I haven’t had much luck making any real cash decluttering and getting rid of all the junk we keep accumulating. So, I decide to give the old Poshmark method a go.
I added almost 40 items onto my Poshmark closet the first day and it didn’t take long for items to start selling. I then added about 10 more on day 2 before I started packing my sold items for shipping. All in all, I ended up selling roughly 12 items the first day totaling right at $200.
What’s my secret? I’m going to tell you. ((Plus, I’m giving you the code at the end to give you $10 off your Poshmark shopping))
- Choose items that are of good quality and are worth at least $6. Preferably higher than $8-10, but $6 is my absolute lowest. If you have items that are worth less than that consider bundling them with like items to get the value up. For example, I have 4 t-shirts of the same brand that I would have sold for $2-3 each. I bundled them and listed them as a set, to sell them all at once. If the item is low quality, not just value, it doesn’t belong on Poshmark. Consider donating it instead.
- Follow Closets that you like and are similar to yours. People who like the same brands/types of items as you are your clients and those are the people you want to connect with.
- Share, Share, & Share ….. While there’s no magic formula, I follow the example of sharing items I have for sale three times a day (morning, mid day, and night) at no certain time. I then will share some items from others in categories similar to mine or items people I follow have for sale. Some sellers follow the share for share technic. While I don’t personally use that technic, it could be the technic for you.
- Share on Social Media your closet. While I don’t share individual listings onto Facebook or Instagram, that maybe something you want to do. I, personally share my closet thru my stories.
- Package Pretty. This one is more for repeat business and good reviews but I include a dryer sheet in my packages to keep them smelling fresh . You can pick these up at the Dollar Tree or grab the ones I use on Amazon HERE. I go with the Honest Company dryer sheet because it keeps it fresh but doesn’t have a strong smell. I also, package in white mailers to keep it from being like every other package in the mail.
- Ready to get started? For a limited time, use my code SOLDBYKASEY1 to save $10: https://posh.mk/r5Y0islMbY